Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Passion of the Christ = I HAVE A PASSION FOR JESUS CHRIST!

i experienced the movie "passion of the Christ" tonight at the youth group i attend. this is what happened....

I showed up not really knowing what to expect. ive heard lots of stories about this movie. comments like "its long and boring, its hard to understand" or "watch it, it will change your life".

i started watching it, some parts i didnt understand and had to ask questions at the end. i got so in dept with it, i felt like i was living in the movie. When Jesus was arrested i felt sorrow! when there were cute flashbacks, i felt the JOY!

i got so into it! i dont remember doing anything else. my eyes were fixed on that screen! i dont remember blinking, gosh i dont even remember breathing!

the part that was the hardest to watch was when Jesus' poor innocent hands were being nailed to the wood of the cross He had carried. i do remember my emotions in this scene. i remember tears streaming down my face, just watching. like i said, i felt like i was in the movie, i wanted to reach out and just hold Him, the Son of God.

i made it through the end of the movie. totally emotionless after that heartbreaking scene. i couldnt move my eyes, i felt like i was watching the the last few minutes of his painful life, and i guess i was.

at the end of the movie i thought i was fine, thought the movie was realistic, but had made no impact on me.

then it hit me, like a ton of bricks.

suddenly i felt an overwhelming feeling of SORROW! and HAPPINESS! and LOVE!

THAT MAN DIED FOR ME AND FOR YOU BECAUSE HE LOVED US!

plain and simple people!

i feel so sad that he had to go through all that pain for me. especially since im a wreck! i am nothing compared to what JESUS was! what JESUS is!
as i write this i cry, i am so overwhelmed with a mix of feelings i never thought i had.
i cant wait till i pass away, and i get to sit at the feet of the Man who died for my sin.
thats all that can come out.
everything else inside me is stuck, im so speechless, and in love with MY LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
love,
kimmyann

No comments:

Post a Comment