Monday, July 26, 2010

I pedged to stay pure until i marry the Man God has chosen for me....

SO many changes this weekend! it was so crazy!

i turned 15 on saturday July 24th. that was awesome!
the service on Sunday morning was great!
then on Sunday night i made a decision i will never regret. i made the decision to stay pure till i am married. i went to a purity celebration and received a purity ring from my daddy. it was amazing!

About a Purity Ring....

The spiritual purity ring is a promise ring in which the wearer makes a pledge to a higher power greater than themselves to stay pure. The higher power greater then myself is GOD!


I pledged to stay pure until I marry the Man God has chosen for me. I didn't get a purity ring to show off, I got one to keep myself accountable, and to save myself for the man I will marry someday. It's all for that man and GOD!


i posted a status about my purity ring on my facebook, and this morning i had 6 facebook messages from girls who want to accept Christ and become pure again, bcuz they have messed up. this was inspirational, opened my eyes to see that i am a role model to girls all around me, even girls older than me.
this was very challenging to hear tho. HOW COULD I HELP THESE GIRLS?!?! what was i supposed to say to them!?

i replied and said....
"Here's what we are going to do, I want u to wait for a purity ring. I want u to learn Gods word b4 u make a decision for Him. Would u like a bible? U can accept Jesus Christ as ur savior, once u get to know him. I don't want u to make a decision to stay pure for a God u don't know about. Does this make any since? I want to help u through this ya know? So here's what I'm doing to do, I'll send u some scriptures, to help you out. Scriptures about purity, love, friendships, anything!"


like i said this was challenging! all they wanted to do was get a ring and declare purity! i had to explain the spiritual part of a purity ring. the meaning of becoming "pure" in Gods eyes, and Glorify Him in the process.

it will be challenging, but im so stoked to make a difference in these girls' lives!


things i learned the last few days....

~Kellie Slippy is an Inspiration to me. she makes me smile. <3
~David Crowder does a cover of Flyleaf's "All Around Me" in his new album.
~i am beautiful
~Josh can fix a car....jk lol!
~my daddy does more for me than what i deserve sometimes.
~im a role model to many girls.

pray for me and these girls!
hope you enjoyed.

love you.
<3>
kimmyann.



No comments:

Post a Comment